Thursday, May 19, 2011

Status Update 2

Current weight 152.4

As you can see from my weight I did not do very well on my diet yesterday.  I was doing a great job in the morning, didn't seem to be hungry at all.  I did really well right after lunch also, but then 3pm rolled around and I felt like my stomach was eating itself..so what did I do, eat an extra fruit serving?  No, I ate cheese crackers!  Then when I got home from work, did I exercise instead of eat?  No, I ate a piece of meat while I was cooking, which would have been fine, except that I also ate a piece of meat at dinner.  Then after dinner I ate about 3 pretzel M&M's and then I ate a blueberry Pop-Tart, what the hell?
Mainly, it was because my food pantry was not prepared for me to jump on the low cal diet, which one would think would be easy with an empty pantry, but it is for when your pantry is near empty, you will turn to the processed foods.  So I did go to the store last night and get everything I would need to follow this diet. I did lose weight and I am only.2 oz off from the lowest weight I hit in the previous round.  Tomorrow, we will see the difference on the scale.
Today for lunch I have prepared a lettuce salad, an apple, vinegar dressing with salad seasoning, 1 serving of Melba Toast and for my protein I have chosen tuna 100 grams, and a Club Soda with a twist of lime (found that I really like that, I would be happy drinking this at the bar, even when I am not on the diet, so I can be the DD).  I am drinking coffee with a Sweet-N-Low (I do not like Stevia, you can use either of these 2 sweetners, but none of the others).  I will drink plenty of water, which I do anyway.  I usually will prepare a jug of green tea to also drink throughout the day.  I am a gum chewer and I can only chew Freedent, comfortably.  Gum is allowed, but should be sweetened with Xylin...(something), but that sticks to my teeth.  You can find this type of gum at The Vitamin Shoppe.
I believe that the trick to keeping from feeling so hungry is to drink plenty of fluids.  Also when you are hungry it is better to eat an extra fruit or veg serving, then to stuff your face with 190 calorie cheese crackers and blueberry Pop-Tarts, just saying. 
Good Luck to everyone out there working on being healthier and watching what they eat.
Feel free to post to comments on things that are working for you or not working for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment