Thursday, May 26, 2011

Status Update - 5/26/2011

Current Weight: 150.0

So happy, happy, happy!!!!  I have finally broken that barrier.  The first time I did this diet I got down to 149(?) but it was only after I had used a laxative.  I know that I can't use a laxative everyday.  This time I did not use a laxative, just watching my food!!!! 
I do get frustrated because I have IBS with constipation, sorry if that is TMI, but that is part of my blogging, I tried to start a probiotics program to help regulate my digestive track, but it didn't make a difference for me even after 3 weeks.  I read articles that says the average person should have atleast 1 BM a day, I am lucky if I have 1 BM every 3 days.  Then I read an article that said "unwanted waste" is up to 5 pounds.  Imagine if I was having regular BM's then I could be at 145 now and only have 3 silly little pounds to lose.  The problem with that is making sure that you have the BM everyday otherwise you are right back up in the weight.  I want to know that my weight loss is due to eating right and not forcing myself to poop, when my body doesn't normally poop everyday.  Besides the fact that using a laxative too much could cause damage to your colon.  I suppose I could add in a daily fiber such as Metamucil, which has been suggested by my gastroenterologist.  Once I am off the HCG diet, I will do that.  I have to be off the diet, because that stuff does not taste good, even the stuff that they say is colorless, odorless and tasteless and you can mix it in water, I need to have juice to add it too.
6.5 pounds to my goal weight and I still have 2 weeks or 5 weeks, depending.  I can be on the HCG for 6 weeks at a time.  Before my load days I was at 153.2, so for the week I have lost 3.2 pounds.  Imagine where I would be if I hadn't throw the diet out the window last weekend?   If I continue the diet for 2 more weeks and continue to lose 3.2 a week then I will be close enough to my goal to stop the diet and just work on maintaining.  Then again it is possible that I may be happy with where I am now at 150.
I hadn't really realized how much I had lost until I took a picture yesterday and compared it to the Christmas 2010 picture.  Wow!  At Christmas I had not weighed myself so I really have no idea how much I weigh, but I think it was pretty close to 180 or more.  I do know that my size 14 pants where all to tight and I was actually wearing some size 16.  Now I am into a size 10 comfortably and in some instances I am wearing a size 8.
Back when I was going through my "freedom" stage at age 36, I bought some jean shorts that I really liked.  They are a size 10, but are made small.  I have held on to them, because I liked them so much and they have been sitting in the bottom drawer of my dresser.  I tried them on a couple of weeks ago and they FIT!  A little snug, but imagine how they will fit now.  When I get home I will pull them out and try them on again.  Maybe I can comfortably wear them this summer!
It's a great feeling to meet little "mental" goals.  Good luck on your weight loss and remember to exercise, even if it just a walk around the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment